Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why We Crave Horror Movies

A short paper I wrote for my English class...
---------------------------------------------
By:  Me : )


The Last horror movie I saw was Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3. I saw this movie because it was the week of Halloween and most of the HBO channels were playing horror movies.
I think people like being scared by horror movies because they know it’s not real, and just a movie. I also think that someone might want to test there limit and see how scared they can get before they say enough and leave. It also maybe a curiosity if everyone’s talking about the latest horror movie. Sometimes people will go see a horror movie with friends.
Stephen King thinks that we go to see horror movies because we can and that were trying to be brave and show that were not afraid. He also says that’s it helps to re-establish the feeling of essential normality. These movies are also here to go and have fun and enter a fairytale world where it can provide a psychic relief. King also thinks it’s like the form of sick jokes in that it appeals to a little bit of all of us inside.
I agree with Stephen King because I think there is some sick humor in all of us and that people get a thrill from being scared by a horror movie. I also think that once people are done being scared that can talk about their fear and laugh about it among their friends. It also can show what types of horror movies someone might like to watch, like the classic monster movie like Frankenstein or the new movies coming out today like Rob Zombie’s Halloween.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home