Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pop vs. Metal

There is something I've notice about the music lately. Mostly pertaining to the genres of pop and metal.


Metal heads have been come out on top lately from the articles on spotify http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/blog/spotify-metal-listeners .To their other article about how loyal metal fans are as a pose to there genres. http://loudwire.com/spotify-study-metal-fans-most-loyal/


Which reminds me of comic books. The interesting question of ''who would you be?''. A superhero or a villain. For me I see ''pop" music as the superhero. Something that has rules (I just made you think of Heath Ledger's Joker didn't I) and always plays it safe. Something for everyone and a bit of family friendly if you will.


Then there's metal music. The villain. The one that has no rules and does what it wants to because it's not here for your approval. The thing that says I am going outside of the system. And when you see the villain standing there, you always see the thugs behind them. That would be the fans, ready to jump when the leader says jump.


So just thought I'd give my two cents.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home